Getting fingerprinted in Atlanta.

On Wednesday we skipped VBS because I had to go down to Atlanta to get fingerprinted. Yes, I have finally applied for citizenship and this is one of the steps towards getting the citizenship. I just made my appointment at 1pm and once I turned into the parking lot it was very clear where I needed to go since there were big letters on the asphalt IMMIGRATION and the arrow showing where to park. Once there I was not allowed to bring anything in except for my pocketbook (no purse) and my ID. Oh yeah and the officer told me that I can bring a book to read (surely it was not going to take that long!). Well it did not that long, but the fingerprinting was interesting in a scary way! They took fingerprints of ALL my ten fingers! I had to show my hands several times to different people that were checking my papers to make sure I was a good candidate?!?!? And all my fingers had individual time on the fingerprinting machine! Tell you what, there will be no question of my fingerprints anywhere that they will be found!!! It is kind of scary that the FBI has all this info on me and you know the movies that you watch on TV (movie theater) like the "Born Identity" movies the government has all that info at their fingertips. You might say that is how it should be and that is how they keep the country safe but what IF it is your fingerprints (maybe by mistake???) on some crime scene? Drew and I watched this movie with Reese Witherspoon called RENDITION and that movie really opened my eyes to all the other stuff that goes on that is NOT shown on TV. If you have not seen the movie watch it! it is really good!!!
Anyway, that is all that I was going to share with you all. Andrew stayed with Grandma and Grandpa in Cleveland while I was in Atlanta. Drew had to work that day! I will let you know when I get my citizenship...

Comments

DanaCinTN said…
I'm SO proud of you!!