Nashville trip and getting ready for Abby's birthday!

In the middle of the month of January, Dale and I, got to go to Nashville, spent the night in a hotel close to downtown, and the next day we came back. But it was so nice to get away and just have some "girl time"!
I got to show her the school that i went to when i first came to the US in 1993, AND got to eat at the same restaurant "Old Spaghetti Factory" where i celebrated my 19th birthday way back when..... i still remember where i sat with my "boy friend" and the other couple that we had to double date with!:)
I even joked around and wondered if i sat back in the same chair would i still be 19 years old again?!?!? I did not, i figured i take the wisdom that i have gained all these years and will just stay where i am (in age) although i would love to give up some of the fine lines on my face and the gray hair!
Dale and I at the restaurant, sitting across from where i sat so many years ago on my birthday!:)





After dinner we took a walk on the busy streets of downtown Nashville. I don't remember a lot of the buildings from years ago, but i figured that some buildings have been demolished and some have been restored...
did look at some cowboy boots and will get some someday! and a hat, too!:)

Saturday afternoon we went to visit the Parthenon (in my college years my brother came to visit to Nashville and i remember that we went to see the Parthenon then). Now we had to pay to go in and see the statue (it was free back years ago) but we got to learn a little more about the history of the building etc.






I volunteered in Andrew's class the other day and he was so glad to see me come into his classroom!:) Lunch was really loud, so i did not stay for the whole time just enough to visit with Andrew and some of his friends!:)



Abby loves the topiary that i made for her birthday!:) i do, too!:))))


we took an invitation over to Ms. Joyce (our neighbor) for Abby's birthday. She loves to go to her house because she get candy all the time!:)



knock, knock


it took forever to cut out the cookies with the cookie cutter, bake, ice and decorate these cookies..... but the kids had so much fun!!!





another project that i worked on while the kids were taking a nap, the idea came from Pinterest!








ready to great the guests and ready for Valentine's day!:)

Comments